Monday 11 October 2010

Ealing

A silly little limerick I came up with whilst in the shower today...

Katie, she visited Ealing
And said with much force and great feeling,
"London's for loons;
I gan back to the Toon"
And got on the train, how appealing.


I'm currently on the train to Newcastle, having visited my boyfriend for the weekend. London is one of those places where it's good to visit, or even stay for extended periods, but I can't imagine settling down there. All of the Underground (or as I stubbornly persist to call them: Metro) stations are so famous, it feels like meeting a celebrity every time I see them. Not helped by reading Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere' before actually visiting London properly... I'm all "ooh, Ruislip, what a bastard" or "watch out for Knightsbridge!". Of course, this post will make less sense to those who are oblivious to the book. If you haven't read it, I fully recommend it.

Note: if Ealing sounds familiar, it's also used in that limerick where the girl has a peculiar feeling...

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment