Thursday 16 December 2010

Bus Stop Poem

Yep - I'm still here. The book (apparently) is now available in Hull Waterstones & I'm assuming other ones, too. I'll put more details up on here when I get them about prices, how to order and so on.

I wrote a 'Bus Stop Poem':

In Summer we swelter and eat Cornettos,
We long for the shade and relief of the cold.
Mopping our brows, "I want it to snow!"
We're waiting for Winter, White Christmas of old.

Autumn brings bonfires and leaves in the park;
People are bright-eyed, red-cheeked, stare at the sky
Where fireworks blossom to flowers of sparks,
And conkers bring memories of friendships gone by.

The 'big chill' is here! snow softening the air,
It brightens the landscape with brilliant white.
Yet all we can do is defrost and despair;
"Can't wait for the Spring, I'm getting frostbite!".

Katie Ashworth

No comments:

Post a Comment